Recently I acquired this new folding Charcoal Chimney. It is the first of its kind, its very surprising that no one has made a folding chimney before. It fits in a standard 12 inch dutch oven and is very compact in comparison to its counter parts. I am going to go over the features then the experience I’ve had so far.
- Rapidly heats charcoal for immediate outdoor cooking – No matter what kind of BBQ you use, charcoal takes too long to get hot. The Charcoal Chimney’s unique air funnel design sucks up air, which is equally effective in strong windy environments allowing you to heat charcoal anywhere outdoors. The airflow creates a quick surge of powerful hot flames contained safely in the device, allowing you to start cooking much quicker.
- Portable – The highly efficient design is a single lightweight piece that easily opens and snaps into place, and folds down to store inside your 12” Dutch oven. This is especially important for reducing the amount of gear you have to pack for outdoor cooking.
- Versatile – The Charcoal Chimney can be used with any BBQ or grill, and it especially compliments the CampMaid Complete Outdoor Cooking System tools.
- Heats 40 Charcoal Briquettes – While the Charcoal Chimney is compact and portable, it still heats up to 40 charcoal briquettes.
- Heat-safe Handle – Many outdoor cooking products can be dangerous and cause burns so the heat-safe handle helps protect while being easy to hold, handle and manage – ultimately reducing the risk of injury around flames.
- Cools down fast – The Charcoal Chimney cools down quickly after use allowing you to pack and store quickly
This was really easy to use. It is super portable and really well designed. I really liked the integration of the charcoal holder, this allowed it not to get any mess on the charcoal ash everywhere. Its really easy to unfold and use. This size is really great for cooking with one dutch oven, if your cooking with a few and you’re wanting to get lots of charcoals ready this might not be the best for you. But if you are looking for portability then this is a great choice.
This is being rolled out in a kickstarter campaign check it out at this link
I Recently acquired the WindPro II. A long, long time ago I use to have the original WindPro and used it a lot. But more recently I have been using my MSR Pocket Rocket for backpacking trips and my main stove. I had been missing the wider stability and the more control this stove has.
If you've been hiking you know the pain and suffering that can come from rocks, sand, and stickers getting into your trail shoes; blisters, chafing, and ruined socks are common maladies. However there are a great number of low-to gaiters known as scree gaiters that are designed to block all that stuff and more, keeping your precious feet intact.
Written By Cinimin
The Osprey Viva is a women's lightweight backpacking pack that will store 50 liters for a comfortable overnight or week long trip. This pack allows for a wide range of adjustability
Dimensions: 33’’ x 13’’ x 11’’
Gear Capacity: 50